19 lessons on life + the experiences/people who taught me them:
- Fall in love with yourself first. – Me, and I’m still working on this one. It’s a lifestyle!
You do not need to date strangers in order to receive a validation that is better served to come from inside yourself. – said every dating app ever
- There are people you haven’t met yet who will love you. – found when I was sad and in my feels late at night on a great website called Tumblr.
- True love waits. – a daily reminder to myself.
- A relationship that involves God will not and cannot fail. – my sunday school teacher.
6. If you’re not the prettiest and nicest girl in the industry, there will be someone else prettier, nicer and more hardworking. – Gigi Hadid’s mom (lol)
7. I can’t think of a better representation of beauty, than someone who is unafraid to be themselves. -Emma Stone
8. The people who have the best ideas are the people who have the most ideas.
9. It’s ok to live a life others don’t understand. – choosing to follow a career path different from others, my will to try something new and opening myself up to growth.
10. When you love and accept yourself, when you know who really cares about you, and when you learn from your mistakes, then you stop caring about what people who don’t know you think. – Beyoncé
11. The less is more routine to happiness…
- set fewer but more meaningful goals
- focus on your own progress, rather than comparing with others
- appreciate small moments in your day
- be grateful for what you have in your life
– Do Less Get More novel by Shaa Wasmund
12. You can do anything… but you can’t do everything. At least not at the same time. -a book I read that changed my life and now I can’t remember the title 🙂
13. Passion is not a job, a sport, or a hobby. It is the full force of your attention and energy that you give to whatever is right in front of you. Passion lives in realizing what you have to contribute. – Terri Trespicio in one of my favorite TED Talks.
14. Your life has to go through the entire Lemonade album before you go blonde and right now you’re only on Don’t Hurt Yourself. – @kennedytiana on twitter but quoted from a very good friend Harry Davis.
15. If you wanna soar with eagles, stop hanging around chickens. – My Uncle Ken’s thoughts on launching my blog and surrounding myself with those who will uplift me.
16. There are two types of people in this world. The ones who simply talk and dream of success and the ones who go out there, chase their dreams and get shit done. (sorry mom) – Unknown but one of the best reminders that action is more important. With social media having such a huge role in our lives today, we tend to feel caught up with followers, appearance, materialistic things. Instead of wishing you had certain items or lived a certain way, go out and do what’s necessary for you to get there. CREATE WHAT YOU ARE CRAVING.
17. Say ‘yes’ to new adventures. – Me, tired of wasting my days away and grateful for every new opportunity I take.
18. Only take advice from those who are where you wanna be. – Me after all the times I’ve failed and started over. It happens.
19. Take every opportunity.